Thursday 10 May 2012

Troon 10k 9/5/12


Troon 10k last night.  Quite an exciting day all round really as we were also picking Rick up along the way after his week in Italy.  I missed him so much!  He landed at lunchtime but wanted to fit in a run so he left his luggage with friends near the airport and ran to meet us.  He ran down the main road, in his usual crazy way, and we met him after he had run 15 mles.  It was so good to see him. Had a sort of picnic in a layby and got to the race in good time.  6yos was eager to run the children's race and thankfully we got there in time.  It was a bit of chaos and he ended up leaving with the over 12s but had a good time all the same. 11yod had forgotton her trainers so was a bit disappointed she couldn't run. 
Met up with some of the other running club members but I was kicking myself that I had left my phone in the car so didn't get to meet my friend until we got to the start.  My 23yos was running with me, which I appreciated very much.  I really enjoyed this run which is the first time I can say that about a road race.  The weather was ideal, overcast but dry, and it was great to know there were some runners behind me, even though we had run off last.  The race was chipped and I would have loved to have taken some time off my last year't time but didn't manage it.  Came in at a very slow 1hr 22m 09s but I am trying to focus on the fact that I enjoyed it more this time.  Once I start putting more miles in the legs I am sure to get faster.  I sure can't get any slower!
So a great day in all. Just looking forward to tomorrow.  It is one of my son's 18th birthday, and all 8 of us will be together again - a mum's idea of perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment