Friday 11 May 2012

Son's 18th


Where does the time go?  It was our third son's 18th birthday today so we have more adults than children in our family now.  I just don't feel old enough for that!  We aren't doing an awful lot in the way of celebrating as he wants his 21st to be the big one but hubby and I are paying for driving lessons for him (he needs to pass quickly 'cos there's not much money in the pot!) and I made him the scrap quilt in the top photo out of some beautiful pieces of African material which various people have given me.  I really like the material and, despite my imperfect sewing, I am pleased with the result.
Our 13yos made and decorated the cake above.  He had much more patience than me, especially with the icing he used for the writing as it just would not stick and I would have given up on it.  However, his perseverence paid off and he did a good job.
Chinese takeaway this evening with the 8 of us, 18yos's friend and 21yos's girlfriend.  Then some friends coming around to play some games for a while.  Lovely to be all together and lovely to have a house full of laughter and fun.
I am also enjoying a couple of days off running to make the most of the recovery from the 10k.  I hope to go out on Sunday morning for a forest run with the dogs but may also do a couple of miles tomorrow.  Its bright here today, but very windy and was raining all morning.  Not May weather at all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment