Sunday 13 May 2012

beach and forest

Got up this morning and had a lovely run in the forest before the others were up.  Took two of the dogs with me and did about 2.5 miles.  Legs quite sore but the springer spaniel was even more pathetic than I was - she ran at my heels the whole way and anytime I slowed down she sat down as if to say "I've had enough now".  Perhaps her beach day yesterday had tired her out.
Oldest son is leaving this afternoon as he is flying out to Botswana tomorrow for a few weeks.  Would love to be in his shoes!  Some sun would good down really well, especially as it feels like we are living through a winter, not a spring.
Yesterday we spent the afternoon on the beach with some friends.  It was raining in the morning and overcast when we left home but just a few miles down the road, at the beach, it was sunny and relatively warm.  We are so blessed to live in an area with a lovely beach so near, as well as forest and hills.
Oldest son had this crazy idea that we should take a BBQ and it all worked out rather well really.  Rick decided to do some more open water swimming in preparation for his Ironman and looked like a seal bobbing about in the water. Think his wetsuit held out though, which is good.
I took my book by John Bingham - "No need for speed" which is a really good book for me at the moment. He says "if you give up running today, how do you know that tomorrow might not have been the day when you say some massive improvement". So hang in there girl.
With beach yesterday and forest this morning, I've had some good outdoor time in the last two days!  I love being out doors and feeling the air and wind on my face - gives me such a feeling of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment