Tuesday 8 May 2012

Rainy morning but lovely afternoon so myself and three youngest cycled to my parents' house after a morning doing craft and French.  Windy but sunny and so a lovely ride - only 3 miles in total but the hill at the end worked my legs.  Probably the right preparation for a flat 10k.  It was lovely to be out and, after so many years of having a young child not able to ride independently it is great to be able to get out with everyone on bikes.
The river is still low enough for quite a few people to be fishing and quite a few people were walking, enjoying the late spring sunshine after all the rain we have had.
It is good to be alive, it is good to be out and it is good to be a mum!!
Looking forward to picking my oldest son up from the station this evening when he finally arrives home from his year in Italy. 
He has said he will run with me tomorrow on the 10k so I really appreciate that.  Hope for at least a couple of seconds off last year's time but want to just enjoy being able to do it.
Trying not to be too jealous that my friend will be in for her first sub hour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment