Monday 7 May 2012

This is a photo of me on my second 5k in March 2011.  When I did the same run in March 2012 I was only 30 seconds faster.  This is my battle this year.  I don't want to give up running and want the enjoyment it gives but discouragements mean I loose motivation.
I ran the running club handicap last Saturday and again, was slower than the time before. 
I really wasn't "born to run" - it pushes me further outside my comfort zone than anything I have ever done (and that includes parachute jumps, giving birth to six children, home educating and much more).  This is a good thing in many ways but because of this I find many reasons not to run.  However, running is what I want to do. I have so many aims and getting my head round all the challanges involved in that is hard. 
I will blog and diary to keep myself motivated and hopefully inspire others that if I can - they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment