Sunday 27 May 2012

11k run

Ran an 11k race yesterday in 24 degrees.  It was really hot but thankfully they had laid on two extra water stations with sponges at the third.  In my usual plodding way I got round and was actually pleased because it only took me 2 minutes longer than last year and given the heat that wasn't bad.  The photo tells all though.  I look a right sight when I am running - massive incentive to get the weight off I guess.
We had a BBQ after with the running club and I was talking to a friend who has been running about the same time as me and has recently really taken off.  She has also lost a lot of weight but she affirmed my experience that running doesn't take the weight off you - you can't get away from counting calories.  What a bore!!  However, I was massively encouraged by what she has done.  She is also home educating and has 5 children and a very busy life and it has to be a case of, if she can, I can.
Rick did the half marathon and did really well - looks much better in the photo too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment