Saturday 28 February 2015

28th February 2015

It's my weekend for working and when that happens I am working from 0830 til 1700 and then on call from 1700 to 2330.  By necessity those will have to be my rest days...........or so I thought.  However, I didn't manage to get up to do my early morning run/walk yesterday morning for various reasons and so I set my alarm from 0720 this morning and convinced myself I could do a run before a long day of work.
It took all the will power I possess to get out of bed and put on my running things.  Thankfully 9yos was awake and didn't need much encouragement to get out his scooter and come with me which really made it worth while.  Once I had asked him to come there was no going back.
So I haven't missed a workout this week on the first week of my half marathon training plan and tomorrow really can be a rest day.
I had an e-mail from the organisers of the marsalling crew at Chester Marathon yesterday asking me if I wanted to volunteer again this year.  I am holding fire though because it may be that I run the metric marathon this year - that would be something!!
Onwards and Upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment