Saturday 21 February 2015

21st February 2015

It was a the Galloway Harriers chip cup today - a fun race done every so often for all club memebrs.  The couple who organised it wanted to support all the runners to challenge themselves and it was a fabulous idea of pairing fastest runner with slowest runner to go opposite ways around a 10k route, turning back when they met in the middle, after having handed over a loom band.  Really great idea and I loved the run.  I was paired with the fastest runner and he ended up running just over 8 miles and I ran 3.75.  I really pushed myself with my run/walking and even managed to put in a sprint finish as I was being chased by one of the teenage girls.
I feel so much like I am back in the mind set now.  I am ashamed of how much weight I have piled back on and so much which I had kept it up from 2 years ago but this morning has shown me that I can get back - healthy eating and exercise is still the way to achieve things, even at the age of 50 and my motivation is strong for keeping this up.
Of course, it always helped when you are running through stunning Galloway scenery and in cold but sunny weather..................

No comments:

Post a Comment