Tuesday 4 December 2012

Tough forest trails

It was such a struggle to get out of bed this morning - I was so cozy!!  Managed it though and had a busy day.  Had to go to the nurse for a blood test to check my Hep B status and she asked me how I would feel doing holiday cover for her.  I would love to do that, although would need more than that to keep me going with work.  Walked the 0.5 mile to the surgery via the main road to go to the Post Office, and tried to walk back over the path to the footbridge over the river and it was flooded again as it has been pouring down since last night!
This afternoon my running pal and I took the two dogs and did 9.1 miles in the forest.  It was a hard run and my legs feel it now but a great work out.  It's really hilly and the trails were very wet with the water flowing down out of the trees.  It rained most of the run but it is really refreshing to run in the rain (with the right gear on!!)  Sometimes we were literally running through water but it was good fun and keeping going stopped us from getting cold.  The springer got tired after seven miles so we did a detour back via the van and left her there before setting off for the last 2 miles.
This evening a nice electrician came and fixed my cooker by bypassing the timer and auto switch.......I could have hugged him although I don't think he would have appreciated that!!

1 comment: