Monday 10 December 2012

Busy busy

 The running club craft session was really good.  "The crafty harriers" sounds good!!  We had a good evening, crafting christmas tree decorations and eating birthday cake as one of our number was going to be 60 the day after.  Meanwhile Rick and 13yos and 11yod were camping at an outdoor pursuits centre for the scout sleepover.  I know where I would rather be.
Rick came back on Sunday morning in time for our meeting then we all drove back out to the centre to help pack up and clean the centre and also because 13yos was going straight to play his cornet with the brass band at the Christmas tree sales.  It was freezing, mostly because of the wind chill factor.  It is a lovely atmosphere out there at the visitor centre though - band playing carols, children playing and the small of fresh christmas trees.
Today 11yod was not very well.  She has a temperature again - probably didn't shake off the last bug she had due to her extremely busy week last week.
That meant that she missed the orchestra concert she plays in.  7yos went though!

I had a really nice cold run this afternoon - about 3.5 miles in total.  Great to be out in the winter sun.  Ran in my trail shoes although I was on the road as I am trying to see if I can manage with just one pair of shoes instead of one road and one trail.  Not sure I can though as didn't feel quite right running on the road in the barefoot type shoes.  We shall see.
Below is a belated picture of 7yos singing in his choir concert.


Notice the maverick without a school uniform!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment