Thursday 27 December 2012

Had a really good Christmas in all.  Did a 1.75 mile run on Christmas Eve and that was really good as I put some bursts of speed in and managed my fastest mile.  On Sunday we had been to the nativity play at the local village which 7yos and 11yod were in and that was really good.  Christmas Eve we went to the square where 13yos was playing is cornet with the brass band.  This happens every Christmas Eve and it is a great thing to do before our Christmas meal that night.  After a lovely meal we did all the Father Christmas stuff we needed to do and then Rick and I and 23yos, 18yos and 13yos went to the Christmas Eve midnight service at the church.  Another lovely Christmas tradition.
Above is 13yos with his hollister coat.  Below are pictures of some of the others with their main presents.


23yos is making a rag rug and he was getting on with it while we were opening some of our pressies.

Just before we had our lunch we went to see my parents and it was really nice to be able to get a photo of all the children with my parents.  We are not often all together.
So we have had a great few days.
The picture above is of 13yos and 18yos's girlfriend making a chocolate cake on Boxing Day.  There was a competition between them two and 18yos and 11 yod who were making chocolate brownies.  We were all the have a taste of both and vote on which one was the best.  If comedy cooking were in the mix then these two would have won hands down but they also managed to win on presentation and cakes too!
One of the pressies I got was a Nathan hydration belt which I will have to get used to wearing as I up the mileage.  Today I wanted to fit in a 12 mile run but as we were having visitors and I had a lot of tidying up to do I asked my running friend if she would mind only doing 6 miles.  She was really happy with that so we had a lovely 6 mile run along by the river - 3 miles out and 3 miles back.  Tomorrow I will take my nephew's wife on a little trail run in the forest which will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment