Wednesday 9 January 2013

81st birthdays and lego

Today is my dad's 81st birthday.  11yod made a cake for him, 13yos made a really impressive Welsh dragon card and 7yod coloured him a picture of a Welsh rugby player.  We went down this morning and had tea and cake with them and watched while he opened his birthday cards.  He seemed to have a lovely time and really does well for his age.  He was also enjoying getting phone calls from family and friends.  I am so blessed to still have both my parents.
  Yesterday 11yod and 7yos got their Lego magazines in the post and there were competitions in them so they immediately got busy and these are their creations which I will send photos of to the competition.

The two photos below are of our celebrations while Rick's parents were with us over New Year.


This afternoon 13yos and I went out for a 3.5 mile run round one of my favourite routes.  It has been a cold crisp day and it was lovely to get out and blow the cobwebs off.  No points for a fast run but it was certainly good to be out and 13yos makes good time.  He ran ahead and came back when he got to around the 3 mile mark so we could run the last mile together.  He pushed me to go a little faster on the last mile so that was good. I really hadn't wanted to go out of the warm kitchen today so it took a lot of will power to get out but I am so glad I did - it's always like that!  Must be my lazy nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment