Tuesday 8 January 2013

practice nursing

Haven't managed a run for a couple of days.  Yesterday it was absolutely pouring down and although I have told myself I must run in all weathers I just couldn't bring myself to go out yesterday.  It was a really busy day here and what with music lessons and getting back down to work the day just flew by. Rick even went to the gym instead of running which shows how bad it was.
I spent last night filling in application forms for two jobs which have come up and writing letters to the local medical practices to ask about the possibility of practice nurse cover, which I would really like to do.
This morning I spent 3 hours shadowing one of the practice nurses whose holiday cover I will be providing.  I really enjoyed it and can see myself fitting in to do the cover, with the possibility of eventually doing practice nursing.  We shall see.
This afternoon 18yos decided he would like to go to Manchester so he set off and hitchhiked down.  He did well to get there with just two lifts, one from us to Chorley and the other from Chorley to the street Rick's parents live on.  We was going to go yesterday but the rain put him off.  I think he will have to hitch home in a day or so as he has to be back at work on Saturday.
Took my dad to the doctors this afternoon and then shopping so it has been a really busy day. There just was no time to get a run in today. Tomorrow is his 81st birthday so 11yod will make a cake in the morning and we will take it down to have coffee with them.
Tomorrow afternoon 13yos and I will do a 3.5 miler which I do fairly regularly.  Looks like a foggy day but at least not pouring down!

No comments:

Post a Comment