Saturday 26 January 2013

running in the rain

This afternoon I did 2.5 miles in the forest with 13yos.  Rick and the other two children took the dogs for a walk at the same time in the forest.  It was a lovely run, in the rain, but quite sheltered in the trees.  When we approached the loch in the middle of the run, it was absolutely stunning.  The loch was still frozen over apart from the very middle and the rain was bouncing off the ice.  It looked incredible and we had to stop and admire it for a while.  I then ran the 2.5 miles home in what was now pouring rain, while 13yos went in the car with Rick and the others.  There is something really exhilarating about running in rain, if you have the right clothes on and are warm through the effort.  So I managed to get a 5 mile run in which was very satisfying.
Yesterday morning I did the paper round again so 13yos could have a lie in.  It was really really cold and my fingers were freezing as I kept having to take my gloves off to push the papers in the door.  The snow is mostly gone now though, the rain today made sure of that.
Eventful evening on Thursday evening when Rick went out for a 10 miler with the border collie.  She ran off after a deer and was no-where to be found.  I was beginning to wonder where Rick was (and he didn't have his phone with him) and whether I ought to be concerned or not when someone phoned to ask if we had lost a collie as they had found one and it was at their house.  I realised what had happened but couldn't contact Rick to let him know so just had to wait.  Eventually this lady went out looking for him (it turned out we know the family) and saw the van so flashed him down and handed the dog over.  She looked very sheepish when he brought her home - and it had added 2 hours onto the time he was out!!
Last night I went to badminton again - good few games and, although the arm is painful, it is holding up fine and getting better bit by bit which I am pleased about!

No comments:

Post a Comment