Saturday 5 January 2013

New hydration belt

Went for a 2.75 mile recovery run by the river with the dog to try out my new hydration belt before using it on a long run.  I love the run by the river - so quiet and yet easily accessible.  The view across the river is stunning, even with the mist which is hanging around here and there. I had done some research into hydration belts and  I chose the Nathan trail mix 4 bottle belt as I reckoned I wouldn't want to run with a hydration pack but might need more than two bottles.  Rick uses a Nathan belt and it has served him really well on all his miles.  On the run today  I was comfortable with the belt although I think I will want to take one of the bottle holders off so I only have three bottles and sew some sort of other pocket where the extra bottle was.  I like the fact that it isn't velcro fastening as that feels more secure.  Think I will keep it and it will be great with the adjustments.
This morning 13yos slept in and forgot his paper round so I ended up waking him up when his boss phoned.  That doesn't happen often at all and he was a bit upset.  He is usually very conscientious.  We did some tidying up and washing bedding and Rick went for his run over lunch.  11yod is out for a birthday party with a friend, going ice skating and then the pancake house.  They will be gone a while as it is quite a drive to the nearest large town.
I really enjoyed The Hobbit last night although I did have to disconnect from the book as there are some huge discrepancies.    Good film though and the effects are really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment