Tuesday 15 January 2013

ice, hills and water

This afternoon my running pal and I were going to do another 12 miler.  However it is really icy on the roads and pavements so we decided to go into the forest where it is more sheltered.  As we run slower on the trails we knew we wouldn't have time to get to 12 miles so decided to try out some new paths and get some hills in.  As usual it was a lovely run - the frost was still lying in some places and made lovely patterns.  We did some really good hill work which made up for the miles.  The hills were snow capped to the tree line and I never tire of admiring our beautiful surroundings.  We did 7.2 miles in all - I used my new hydration belt again and managed fine although I still haven't decided which bottle holder to take off.
18yos is home for a few days and he made our tea, which I really appreciated as I got a night off the cooking (not my favourite activity).  This evening 13yos had a band rehearsal, 11yod and 7yos had their Tuesday club and Rick was running with the running club so I decided that I would see what the aquafit class is like at the local pool.  A few friends go and they have been trying to talk me into going so I went along.  I wasn't sure how I would feel going on the night of my longish run but it went really well - I really enjoyed it and it was good fun but challenging at the same time.  So if it works out on another Tuesday I will go again.
On Monday all the children got back to their music lessons and orchestra - Monday seems to be music day this term.  I have taken on the job of secretary to the orchestra they play in so that's another plate to spin!!  With Music Festival at the beginning of March, there is plenty of practising to get in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment