Monday 3 June 2013

the beauties of Galloway

Another lovely day nursing in the Galloway countryside.  It was drizzling slightly when I left home but by the time a reached my first patient the sun was peeping through the clearing clouds.  The cockerel was still crowing on the small holding I was visiting and the chickens seemed excited to see me!  45 minutes later saw me driving down the hill to the shore road, with the sparkling blue sea stretching out in front of me.  It had warmed up nicely by now and I really did thank God for placing me in such a beautiful place.  As I got out of the van at the surgery to pick up my new patient list, I could smell the salty sea air and feel the slight breeze coming in off the waves.  It is good to be alive.  Throughout all my calls I could see, smell and hear the tractors silage making and, having to drive slowly behind the odd one making its was from field to farm was a small price to pay for the joy of the countryside.  The Galloway hills seemed to sway in the haze of the late morning/afternoon sun and the early summer colours seemed really vibrant.  Nursing in the community is a privilege but even more so in beautiful Galloway.
I came home to find 12yod had made home made bread rolls and 19yos had done the shopping.  Rick has spent his last day revising today and sits his end of year exam tomorrow.  I know he will do fine but he will be in my thoughts the whole day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment