Saturday 1 June 2013

half marathon photos, birds and mice

Busy, busy. Been working quite a lot this week (I love my job) and Rick is busy revising. Here are some photos of the BBQ after the half marathon, as well as the club before starting off.
 Photo above is the running club - already getting warm and more than a little nervous (me)
 Above is Rick and two friends at the post half marathon BBQ we had.  It was a lovely relax after the hard work.
19yos  organised a game of touch rugby which involved all ages.  They really enjoyed it.  In black is 14yos and behind him is 7 yos.
 Above is Rick with two friends who made up the man's team. They took the team prize for 2nd male team.  Rick got a £10 M and S voucher which he kindly handed over to me - I think I deserved it for my first half marathon!!
 7yos either fell out of bed or fell asleep while playing.  He was really fast asleep when my nephew, who was staying, went up and took this photo.  Needless to say we didn't leave him there all night!
The swallows have arrived home for the summer and are nesting in our outbuilding again.  I love to see them sweeping in and out.  I hope they manage to raise a good family this year.  We also have a wren nesting in there this year which is a first.
19yos and I were sitting in the kitchen on our computers last night when this little chappy ran into the room.  After a brief chase, 19yos managed to catch him and he was totally unfazed by the attention.  We called him Jerry and popped him in the utility room!  Not seen him since!

No comments:

Post a Comment