Sunday 16 June 2013

busy weeks

Life has been very busy for the past week - hence the lack of posts.  After my lovely run in the forest on Sunday morning my hip was sore again so I decided to rest it again.  It is perhaps a good job as I have worked a lot this week, covering someone who is on holiday.  It has been an "in at the deep end" thing but I am loving it and the other members of the team are really supportive.  So although it is totally solo working with my own caseload, I have others to discuss things with should I need to.
On Monday 14yos started school for the first time (although he had been when on his 6 month exchange to France).  He has now finished his first week and seems to have enjoyed it an settled in OK.  He already knew some people there.  He found most of the work fine and got good marks on his homework.
So only two at home now........where did the years go?
On Wednesday evening Rick took the scouts and they had Highland Games.  7yos was allowed to go with them and he really enjoyed it.  Some of it had to be held indoors unfortunately as it was raining quite a bit but we are used to that in Scotland!
It has been a strange week with me working almost full time.  That won't be the norm except for when I a covering holidays.  12yod is enjoying the freedom of having free range in the kitchen and has done lots of baking.  Talking of free range, we have tonight picked up 4 more chickens which needed a new home.  They are brown standard farm yard chickens and will hopefully lay better than the rare breed ones we already have!!
This afternoon, as it is Father's day, 19yos made a Sunday dinner and 12yod made a lovey cheesecake and while they were making them, Rick, 7yos and I went for a little run/bike ride.  We ran around a local pond in the woods and it was really nice.  My hip is still sore but I will plod on and do some short runs this week before the club 5 mile time trail on Friday.
22yos and 19yos have found a flat in Edinburgh for where 22yos will be working and 19yos at college.  They move in on 13th July - looks like me doing the moving with them as Rick has an ultra that day!!
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment