Sunday 23 June 2013

another week speeding by

I really can't believe the longest day of the year is over already!  Where is summer?  It has been busy with work again and I am still really enjoying it.  We have had some good weather this week and I really enjoy driving around on my calls by the coast.
On Monday the children played in an end of term orchestra concert - 14yos plays cornet, 12yod plays clarinet and 7yos plays recorder.  It was a lovely little concert, and much improved from the last time I heard them in practice.
I haven't run at all this week - still making sure that this hip is OK. I am planning on a 5 miler with my friend on Tuesday evening, trails probably.  Rick and I are planning a run on the West Highland Way, which is a long distance footpath along the shores of Loch Lomond, on Saturday.  We'll set off at Balmaha and run for 2.5 hours out and then 2.5 hours back.  We will, of course, not cover the same distance as each other, but I would like to be somewhere near 20 miles.  Really looking forward to is as I have always wanted to run on the West Highland Way.  This Saturday will help me decide whether I am really able to do the 33 mile run I would like to do at the beginning of November.  Training is hard just now because of work and hip and I have to decide if putting the work in is realistic.  Have to decide by 1st July as that is when bookings open and the available places fill up really fast.
Wednesday evening was the scouts BBQ at one of the local beaches where Rick and two other scout leaders cooked 300 sausages/burgers on the BBQs to feed a mass of beavers, cubs, scouts and their families.  It was a great evening and the weather was really good.
Our 19yos took and passed his driving test on Thursday this week and on the first attempt as well.  I was really pleased for him.  He did stay calm and worked hard and so deserved to pass.  It also means he is one up on his parents and older brothers as we all took more than one attempt!
This afternoon was the swimming club championship gala.  14yos, 12yod and 7yos are in the swimming club and they all swam well and won some of their races.  There was also a race against ex-club members and 19yos swam in that.  Really good afternoon and really proud of the children!



No comments:

Post a Comment