Sunday 21 April 2013

Time Trial

Yesterday was the running club Time Trial.  It was supposed to be last month but the day of the run was really heavy snow and almost all of Galloway was closed down so it had to be postponed.  This year it is a 5 mile run instead of a 5k.  Rick ran his last long run before his Marathon on 6th May so he ran 24 miles towards the place where the TT was being held and I picked him up on our way out.  Then, as he was not running the TT due to his long run, he timed for us and watched the younger children in the park.  The new 5 mile route is a lovely route, up a windy undulating lane passed some cottages and farms, under a railway bridge, passed a nice wee church and then out onto a path by a major road for a nice downhill run back into the town.  The hilly part seemed to pass for me really quickly although as usual the first 2 miles were hard.  This time last year I was running a 5k in 39 minutes which is 13 minute miles.  This 5 miler I ran in 58.27 which is 11.6 minute miles.  So I am getting quicker without really trying,although I am sure it is all the miles I am putting in.
After the run was the club AGM.  Rick was voted back in as Vice Chair and I am now press officer so need to keep on top of that!
14yos spent the day travelling to and from Dunfermline with the brass band for a competition so he didn't get to run.  He'll do his TT at the next handicap.
Today was my mum's 79th birthday.  We made a cake for her and 12yod iced it.  We went down and had tea and cake with her this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment