Wednesday 10 April 2013

sunshine and homecomings

Rick and I had such a lovely day together on Saturday.  The sort of day you remember when family life is making your head spin.  Sunday was quiet mostly although I did manage to get some housework done in the afternoon.
Monday was a little crazy - another here and there day.  7yos had sports in the morning and I walked him there, did a walk myself and then walked him back.  I had an interview with my "nurse manager" (sounds strange after being my own manager for so long!) on Monday afternoon which went really well and I have my first shift at the little local cottage hospital in a few weeks, after my induction and our 10 days away.  I helped 12yod to pack for her time away up in Stirling with some friends, trimmed her hair, did some sorted, went to see my parents and generally kept myself out of mischief.
Yesterday we drove 1.5 hours north to a friend's house and our other friends from Stirling came down and met us there.  We had a lovely day together - it is so good to have such good friends. The children had a great time with their various friends and, coupled with the lovely drive up over the Galloway Hills in the sunshine, it was a great day.
Running isn't half a big part of me now though.  Instead of seeing nice, pleasant, lazy looking hills, I was driving past thinking "I'd like to be running there now!!"  Crazy or what.
Today I went out for my first run after the race on Saturday.  I did 5.3 miles and didn't run it anywhere near as well as I ran the race!!  My first mile was good but after that, until mile 4 I felt like I had never run before. Never mind - it was good to be out and enjoying the sunshine and hills and good health.
Just waiting on the arrival of 18yos who is back from the first part of his backpacking adventure in Europe.  It will be good to see him (and his washing and appetite I guess!!)
Tomorrow I have another nursing interview.  This time for 15 hours community nurse so it would be at least sure hours each week.  However, the pressure is off now that I have the bank work as well as the practice nurse cover.  What will be will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment