Saturday 13 April 2013

fractured scaphoid and romantic runnings

Had a call yesterday from my friend who was skiing at Glen Shee with her daughter and our 12yod to say 12yod had a fall and had probably fractured her wrist.  Felt really bad for them all - 12yod because of the pain but my poor friend for having to trail to A and E.  Seems its only a simple break and not too painful so could have been a lot worse.  Spoke this morning and I was glad to hear that they had managed to get quite a bit of skiing in before the fall.  Neither of them seem to need me to dash up there so that's all OK - we will stick to previous plans.
This lunchtime 7yos had a party in a village about 6 miles away.  Rick and I decided to tag on a run to this.  Rick was doing a long run so we drove him out there first, then I dropped 7yos off at his party and I drive a couple of miles into the hills.  It was, again, perfect running weather and a wonderful run.  It was just the Galloway hills, the sunshine, the dog and I.


  I ran up a small road for a while and then went on an old railway line to a disused viaduct.  Then, I stopped a little while at the viaduct and then followed the path down to the river and up into the forest.  I only met three other people out walking and it again underlined how wonderful it is to be out on your own with a dog with your own thoughts, views and energy.  I would love to make this into a really long run one day.
When I got back to the car, which Rick had run past on his long run, I found he had left this on the path as I ran in. It was so lovely to see it.  We had missed each other at a cross roads by about 10 minutes but it was so special to find this written in the stones.  I later found out that he had left one in pebbles in the middle of the road a little while before but I must have just run past that one:(
This afternoon I took 23yos back to the train station to go back to university and he is taking 14yos with him for a few days of adventure in Aberdeen
This evening Rick and I are going out to some friends for dinner.  David is an excellent cook and is making an Indian so we are sure to put on some of the calories we ran off.  Will be a good evening though.

No comments:

Post a Comment