Monday 26 November 2012

Getting to know my Garmin and washing machine problems

I love living in a rural part of the UK.  I love living in a "dark sky park" where we are so far from a large town that we have no light pollution and it feels like we can touch the stars.  I love living a long way from the nearest Costa Coffee so that going there is a treat and not routine.  I love looking out of our bedroom window and seeing fields and hills and itching to be out in them.  I love running along and smelling cow manure and hearing the gentle moos from the other side of the hedge when it is dark.  In fact I love country living all the time................... except when my washing machine breaks down and the insurance tell me they can't come out until 10th December because of the distance it takes to get to us!  They have to allocate a whole morning to the one job.  Then and only then do I wish we lived nearer to a city!!!
Enough moaning.  The three youngest children are full of coughs and colds at the moment.  So they were in today and had to miss music and orchestra.  18yos came home again this morning.  It is always so good to see him. He has his practical driving test soon so needs to practice for that and also has a swim teacher course during the first week in December and has lots of theory for that.  Between that and his hotel and lifeguard work he is a busy person.
This evening 18yos went on a 3.5 mile run in the dark with the head torches. I took my Garmin again but unfortunately pressed the wrong button at some point and so lost some of my data.  Anyway - it was a good run and lovely to be out with 18yos.  I am getting a little faster which is good - my run/walk technique will get be where I want to be!  Tomorrow I will be up to 9 miles with my running buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment