Monday 5 November 2012

Badminton, Galas and Bubble Warap

On Friday I managed to get out to coffee at lunchtime with friends for the first time in ages.  There used to be around 12 of us met quite regularly but, for various reasons, there are now only 2 or 3 at any given time.  Enjoyable anyway.
Took the dog to the vet's for another check up - she is doing well but is having a few more antibiotic tablets to make sure.  The drain was removed and I can take the stitches out in another few days once our vet friend has had another look.
On Friday evening I managed to get back to badminton for the first time since my arm went really bad.  I was pleased at how it held out although it is still really painful when I stretch it out.

The above is a picture of what looked like an arctic explorer but is actually Rick on the top of Cairnsmore last week!
Saturday was a busy day again.  13yos and 11yod had an in house swimming Gala based on the Olympics which was great fun.  I was starter and finisher as usual and it was really good fun.  There were sausage and bacon rolls to finish.  Rick was running a 10k about 25m away and came first in his age category.  We then spent time tidying and sorting 13yos's room and 7yos's things as he has moved into the room which belonged  to 21yos.  He will have to share when he comes home but he doesn't seem to mind that.
On Sunday morning was another lovely early run in the forest.  What a lovely time to be out in the forest and there are so many wonderful things to see - pine needles littering the path, mushrooms, oak leaves fluttering down, water lilies dying back, as well as the stunning view when you run over the track to the little loch in the middle of the forest - good for the soul!!

Sunday afternoon was another Gala, this time against another club from around 25m away.  They are a bigger and much more competitive club so inevitably won the gala but our swimmers put up a good display, especially 13yos who had to be moved up to swim against a 17yo as we didn't have a boy in that age group and would have lost the points had we not put a swimmer in.  13yos being the club captain was the one who had to be the martyr.  I was starting and finishing again so another busy day.
In the evening, after the meeting, we took the dog out to our vet friend's house for another little check and also to pick up a massive bag of bubble wrap which we will need as 11yos has sold her Polly Pocket on E-bay!  She is really excited to have got more than she thought she would, although postage is likely to be more than we asked for.  We spent this evening packing it up and will post it off tomorrow.
This morning 7yos and I did the paper round for 13yos - lovely sunrise.
My mentor from the placement e-mailed me with a couple of job options but it is so hard to know what I should be looking for - how many hours and where.  Likely to have to travel 50 miles each way for my first job and how many hours to look for is a difficult question.  There is a chance of some hours coming up on the ward I had my placement on and I would love to have that ward.  The Lord knows about it all and I have to keep trusting in Him.
The next photo is of 23yos and his young lady friend.  They seem to be getting on very well and she is a lovely young lady.  She has been to stay with us twice so we have got to know her a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment