Saturday 16 February 2013

Yesterday was a lovely spring day with just a few showers.  13yos and I went on a lovely 2.5 mile forest run and really enjoyed it.  Played badminton in the evening too.  
On Thursday I went for an interview for a job.  The interview seemed to go really well.  Got a phone call on Friday morning to say I was unsuccessful but interviewed really well and had so much to offer.  Very unhelpful.
However, this morning I got a letter from the hospital nursing manager asking me to reapply for a job I had applied for a few months ago.  So I will do that, and with the hope of community work coming up as well things are looking good.  I just HAVE to pass the exam on 25th February!!
This morning some of the ladies from the running club ran up a local hill called Bennan.  495m of ascent altogether and 9.3 miles.  Tough run but good to have done it.  Cold at the top so only time to take a quite snapshot!!  There was a mist hanging around for the whole run so there was no view but the trees were lovely to run through where the track went through the forest.  Above the tree line there was quite a lot of lying snow and the streams were full of water so there was plenty to see.  When I was running up alone (I am slower than the others and don't want them to wait for me) there was silence apart from the noise of the water running.  I got almost to the top when the others were starting their desent and one of them ran back up to the top with me and then the lovely 4.5 miles down.  It was nice to have the company on the way down but I was glad to be left alone for the run up.

1 comment:

  1. You talk about a 9+ mile run now like its no biggie! You're doing so well! Awesome!
    vttrailgirl

    ReplyDelete