Sunday 28 October 2012

Soft refreshing rain!!

Woke up this morning to go for a little run in the forest.  It was pouring down but I was determined to go.  I guess the extra hour in bed meant I really had no excuse!  When I came down into the kitchen 7yos was playing with the lego already so he asked if he could come with me.  He is great company and runs just at the right speed for me.  We only took one dog as the other is a bit under the weather.
The forest is so lovely in the rain.  The colours are so much more vibrant and the sound of the rain is very calming.  There was no-one else around except for a couple of mountain bikers in the distance and we had a lovely run - the one I call my Sunday morning run.  It is around 2.5 miles and follows a trail through the forest to a loch which we then run around.
There really is nowhere else I would like to be at 8am on a Sunday morning, even in the rain.  My legs were quite sore still from our hill walk but it is such a good feeling to be out in the rain.
On Tuesday I will be tackling a circular run with my friend which is 7 miles from my door.  Before that we have our 24th wedding anniversary tomorrow (wow).

No comments:

Post a Comment