Friday 12 October 2012

Disappointments and Encouragements

Life is full of ups and downs, thankfully more ups than downs usually.  Just now, I guess there are more downs than usual for us.
Having a plan to work towards is always a good thing, and we definitely have a plan which we are working together to bring about.  However, the first glitch in that plan happened on Wednesday last when I went for an interview for a job I really wanted and would really have done well but didn't get the job.  Really thought it was going to be the job for me so I feel quite confused about where to go now.  Nursing jobs are hard to come by these days!
Having a strong and loving relationship is really important at all times, and more than ever now do Rick and I appreciate each other.  It was wonderful to get a lovely bunch of flowers when I finished my last shift from him and for the children to tell me he had carved our initials on a tree in the woods.  These are the ups which are more precious than gold.
It's nice being at home again, although still got some academic work to finish off.  Rick has started his studying now and I think there is a measure in which he is enjoying it.
Had a lovely walk for Rick's 46th birthday on Monday, around the coast near Port Patrick.  Weather was really good and views were stunning.
Running has gone out of the window a little for the last month - too busy,  This afternoon I am going on a run with a friend to try and get the momentum back again.
Onwards and upwards and forward to a new future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment