Saturday 23 June 2012

Victorian Patchwork and Cattle Market Wedding

One of the distinct advantages of coming home early from holiday is that you get to do some things which you would have missed by staying away.  11yod got to go to a music workshop in a local school yesterday morning with her clarinet teacher and had a great time and learned a lot too.  Home education at it's best.  On the way home I had to drop in at Linda's workshop with something and she mentioned that she had one spare space on her class making a Victorian Crazy Patchwork.  So I had an unexpected sewing day with ladies I didn't know so got to meet some new people.  Great day.  Half way through a cushion for our bed.
                  The scout camp was cancelled due to bad weather (some scouts!!!!!) and just turned into an activity day which did mean that I got to go to badminton which I thought I would miss.  Today the sister of one of my friends was getting married - in the cattle market up the road from us.  Never seen the cattle market looking so spic and span.  11yod, 6yos and I walked up to see them arrive and sat in on the wedding.  Really lovely but looked so strange to see a bridal party in the ring instead of sheep and cows.  Thankfully to weather has turned out much better than forcast so they are getting a fair day.  Hope to get out for a 30 min run as soon as the gang get in from their activity day.
                 Good news also that 22yos has managed to find shared accommodation for when he goes back to uni with someone he knows, who goes to the same church and at a reasonable cost.  Bit of a relief for him I think.It's the nephew of the girl getting married today so it's a small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment