Tuesday 5 June 2012

6.1 mile run and Jubilee Tea

This morning my friend and I took our children for a 6.1 mile cycle/run.  The children cycled and we ran.  It's a route I have done a number of times and I really like it.  It's hilly at the start and quite tough and then ends with a lovely 3 miles along a lane running by the estuary.  It was really sunny although quite breezy as well.  13yos cycled next to me which was nice.  My friend is much faster than me so in reality she probably ran 7.5 miles as she kept coming back to keep me company.  Really good training run for my off road 10k a week on Saturday and before I start to up the mileage.
This afternoon we had a nice posh tea party at our house to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.  We had traditional cucumber and salmon sandwiches, and jam and cream home made scones with strawberries.  It was a pleasant way to celebrate the life of a really remarkable woman and our pride at being British.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment