Thursday 28 June 2012

Busy

Had quite a busy few days since last post.  On Tuesday morning I had to go and have my second Hep B with the nurse.  I walked down to the surgery and when I got there I realised I had forgotton to take the dose out of the fridge for her to administer.  Had to phone Rick and ask him to bring in down in the van.  So much for saving diesel money!  Straight after that the children and I headed off to pick 21yos up from uni for the summer.  Rick headed off on a long training run for his next ultra.  Arrived with a banging headache and feeling rotten so had to take paracetamol which I haven't done in ages.  21yos, 13yos, 11yod and 6yos did most of the carrying of 21yos's stuff from his room four flights up and we headed home again, arriving around 5.30pm.
   Spent four hours in the evening sorting through conference stuff for the home education conference I am adminstering this September.  Need to be very organised this year because of all we have on in August.
Yesterday a family came over for the day as the mum is going to be coming along side me and helping with some of the home ed conference and holiday organising.  It will be difficult to hand some of the stuff over but it feels right to do it as our  lives are taking on such a new direction. So 11yod and I were up quite early doing some cooking and tidying.  I made leek and potato soup and she made 2 Victoria sponges and some fruit punch. Day went very well on the whole.  Then 13yos was offered the opportunity to go for a week to a private international summer school so we spent some time sorting that out and seeing if a friend was interested (which they were).  So that is a good opportunity. Yesterday evening Rick, 13yos and 6yos went to a scout BBQ on the beach while 11yod and I stayed at home and did sewing.  Linda came for her regular Wednesday chat and my friend Emer came and brought her sewing round as well so a nice relaxing evening after a full 2 days.  This morning I got up early to do the paper round with 13yos as Rick and I will have to do it between us while 13yos and 11yod are at camp next week and I haven't learned this one yet! More busy times ahead I guess.
Not managed to run since Monday - if the weather holds, I'll get out today for an hour.  Was going to run in the forest with a friend this afternoon but had to cancel that as 11yod has an infected toe which will probably need antibiotics before camp and the only appointment available was for this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment