Monday 19 May 2014

plodding on

I think my Garmin is feeling quite dizzy.  Since my last post I have consistently run a longish (4-5 miles) run each week and 2 long ones plus a walk.  In some ways it feels like the beginning again but in other ways I know that, even with the extra weight, it isn't the beginning because my body does actually know how to run.
Marie and I have had some great runs in the forest and fast walking the hills has done wonders for the legs already.  I look out over the next year and I know that there is a long journey ahead but then I read other people's journeys (Astrid, Fiona!) and the hard work they have had to put in, and I know deep down inside I can make it.
It is of course easier to run in Scotland in the spring and summer with the lighter nights and mornings but sometimes it is just an excuse if the weather isn't perfect.
My quote for the next week is this -
"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that." by Fred Lebow

So this evening I am going to take my 13yo daughter for a walk in the forest for 40 minutes.  Tomorrow Marie and I have a 7 mile training run.  On Wednesday I will run about 3 miles in the evening.  Thursday I am working 9 - 5 and on call from 5 - 11.30pm so rest day.  On Friday evening I will play badminton if my on call is quiet and on Saturday I will run the 7 mile local run - will be slow, much slower than last year.  But the above quote will keep me round the course.................Sunday rest day again!

Stay with me - it's hard!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thanks for your kind words.
    You inspire me, as well.
    Happy Running,
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete