Wednesday 30 October 2013

25 Years and Counting

Yesterday Rick and I celebrated our Silver Wedding.  It is so hard to believe that we have been married for that long.  In some ways it feels like just yesterday but 6 children, grey hairs and the amount of "stuff" we have accumulated all go to show that we have indeed enjoyed each other's company for a good while.  I can genuinely say "here's to the next 25".
I have had quite a lot of work on recently and working 4 long days on the trot meant I was really tired and ready for a day off so it was a welcome relief.  Rick gave me a lovely silver necklace with a real pressed rose in the centre which I love.  We had some lovely cards and it was great to get some from people we don't hear from often.
We went for one of my coastal walks (see http://footstepsbythesea.blogspot.co.uk/ ) in the middle of the day and then had a takeaway for tea before going out for a night walk in the forest with the head torches.  Perhaps one of the highlights of my day was being proved right on a certain forest trail which Rick thought finished a long way from where it did.  It's not often I am right when it comes to navigation so being right then will be remembered for the next 25 years!  I love the forest for all sorts of exciting reasons.
Main celebrations are this weekend when we go away to Crieff Hydro for a weekend of pampering which is very rare for us as we are used to roughing it.  Hope we don't feel too out of place but I know we will enjoy the luxury.
Then the next weekend rounds it all off wonderfully with all 10 of us together for a meal here which the children are cooking (I hope)
I was on a course today and got home after a long day of travelling and studying to find this pie made for our tea.  Rick is finding his inner chef at last.  Note the romantic message on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment