Sunday 19 May 2013

Induction and PB!

This has been a very busy week.  I have been travelling to and from an induction course about 50 miles away and it has been very full on.  Everyone has pulled together and we got through the week.  Rick is also doing some revising this week so 19yos helped with meals.  The course has been helpful in many ways and should equip me for some of the responsibilities I will have!
On Friday night we had our first running club handicap of the summer series following out time trial last month.  It is a 5 mile course, quite a nice run really although the last 2 miles are a bit monotonous as we run alongside a busy main road.  On my time trial I took 58.47 mins to run the 5 miles and I didn't think I would get much faster than that.  However last Friday I managed it in 56 mins which is knocking around 2.5 minutes off my TT!!  Not sure I can get any faster next month but we shall see!
On Saturday I had a day out with three other home educating friends and we had a lovely day just relaxing and chatting.  Much appreciated.  14yos went paint balling with friends and had a great time, although I think he is feeling the bruises this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment