Saturday 25 May 2013

Can't believe I am saying this but............................

.........today I ran my first half marathon.  I have run further in training but not a race.  Having had a really busy week I haven't had chance to think too much about it which is a good thing.  But the nerves certainly kicked in at the start line.  Not sure I hydrated enough yesterday and it was really warm today for running.  It is a lovely course, 2 miles around a harbour town and then out onto country lanes.  There were a few sneaky hills  tucked in and I found it really hard. It was a hot day and that made it harder.  However, I did it and came in 2 mins under the time I knew I would be happy with.  It feels so good to have finished it.
I felt a bit shaky afterwards and sick so had to sit in the car for 20 minutes when we arrived at friends' house.  The running club were having a BBQ at our coach's house and that was lovely in the nice weather.  After I sat in the car for 20 minutes I got out and had a shower and a cup of tea I felt much better.  Obviously the whole thing was a bit of a shock to the system but I feel much better now!!
Great to have that one in the bag.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic!!!!!!!!
    I'll be thinking of you and your enthusiasm today while at Pineland. Please say a prayer for me...
    Congratulations,
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete