Sunday 12 August 2012

Student days again

I am sitting in a friends home in Dumblane near Stirling.  We have done a house swap with them for a week as tomorrow I commence my Return to Practice (Nursing) course at Stirling University.  Feels really strange to be becomming a student again but I feel very blessed to be having the opportunity to be a nurse again.  I know that the Lord has a plan in this and really am trusting Him to take us forward and open up the way.
Had to upload a photo for my student ID card which really felt strange.
My clinical placement will be in the hospital nearer to home which means it will be easier for the family.  It will probably be in orthopaedics which I will enjoy!!
We went to the meeting in Bannockburn this morning which is very small.  We were asked out to lunch and  once again realised that it is a small world - people who know people. 
Last week my neice from Botswana came to see us for a few days and it was really good to see her.  I have such a special place for her in my heart - probably because she was there when 11yod was born.  We share a lot in common and she always seems to it in well with us.  It was lovely to see the developing relationship between her and 11yod.
18yos got his exam results last week and although some of them were really good, he didn't get the one he needed for his place next year at uni, so he will have to reapply and do some thinking.  He is working really hard at his summer job in the chocolate factory and has now got a new job as a lifeguard at the swimming pool so he is keeping really busy, if disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment