Monday 9 July 2012

Sore arm, tennis finals and more forest runs

Ran the 5k on Saturday - monthly club handicap.  Unfortunately my shoulder, which has been playing up a lot more recently, started really hurting on the way round.  At about 2 miles I thought I was going to pass out so decided I should give up and walk the rest.  So took ages to go round but at least I will have got the points for attending.  6yos ran his time trial and did it in 30 minutes which was really good.  Have an appointment with GP tomorrow re shoulder.
On Sunday I got up for my usual Sunday morning forest run and 6yos came with me and the dogs.  It is the first time he has come with me and I really enjoyed having him with me.  Because I was able to go more slowly then my arm didn't hurt too much.  That afternoon was the Wimbledon final so we watched that.  It was a good match and I was really hoping Andy Murray would win but it wasn't to be.  Hope he will win one day.
This morning I went to pick 11yod up from camp.  She had won the camper of the year award and also tidy dorm award so we were really proud of her.  She had impressed them with her piano playing as well so all in all her first camp experience was a good one.  When she got home her clarinet teacher phoned to say she had passed her exam with distinction which was very good.
This afternoon I went for a run in the forest with two friends and it was a really good run although quite clammy.  Did about 4 miles altogether and found some new routes again.
All the paperwork is through for the return to practice course so the ball is rolling nicely.  It will be here before I know it.
Rick continuing to paint the kitchen around us and it is already looking much better.

    Last year I gave Rick a little bit of money for a new bike and he has now bought it.  This is him on his first run out with Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment