Friday 6 July 2012

Forest runs

Had an excellent five mile forest run this morning with 2 friends and the dogs.  Parked in the usual place and ran on some pretty steep tracks and trails so got a good workout for the legs.  I just love trail and forest running - beats road running anytime.  Felt like a really good workout at the end and so wonderful to be out.  It was quite muggy so I wish I had worn my sleeveless top - I should always run in less than I think I should because I get so hot when running.
I wish there were more trail races near here as I feel so much more comfortable than on the road and my lack of speed is much less noticable in the forest.
Nevermind - club 5k handicap tomorrow and I really don't think I will beat last time.  Then I will get up early on Sunday morning and take the dogs in the forest again.

No comments:

Post a Comment