Monday 22 April 2019

As I return again to this blog, it is after a tough few years but a few years where I have learned a lot about myself and what I can achieve.  Run and be mum means so much more now than a mum who runs.  It embraces that but also takes in motherhood and how hard it is to "run" the gauntlet of all the demands on a mother's time.  After a difficult few years culminating in the death of both my parents, 18 months apart, I am now entering what I see as my time of repair.  I call 2019 my year of repair.  This repair will hopefully, reach into all areas of life and relationship but it is mostly my year of repair to myself.  Physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.  How I will achieve this is still to be seen but one of the first steps on the way is to believe in myself again and book a place in the Glasgow 10k in September.  Another step was to buy myself and e-bike and I have already done a few trips on it to places new.  The photo above is White Laggan Bothy.
Self belief is so important and I have it in abundance in some areas of life but am sadly lacking in others.  Encouragement from other people is very important to me, as I see encouraging others as an important part of my personality.  I need external encouragement but part of my year of repair is learning to become expert at encouraging myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment