Sunday 15 April 2018

I have suddenly started to get excited about my marathon training which I have now officially started.  I am using the Jeff Galloway marathon training program which means I will run/walk the whole marathon and Jeff's whole training programme focuses on one long run a week and 2 short runs.  I will also be doing Yoga, badminton, strength and circuits each week.  I will be eating a healthier diet (which I should have done all winter but not looking back) and will keep my mind focused on the goal.  It has to be a priority for the next few months.  On Saturday I ran Heaton Park Park run and tried a 30:30 run/walk ratio which was based on my magic mile.  I got 45.25 according to park run but I was a long way from the narrow start and my garmin registered 44.17 which is 2 minutes fast than my last one, although 9 minutes longer than my pb!!!  Anyway - onwards and upwards.  This morning I tried some strength exercises with my resistance band and they were really hard.  So they should help my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment