Thursday 15 August 2013

The lure of the forest

There really is something very special about forests.  Sure I love hills and mountains and valleys and fields - the whole countryside actually.  But the forest is mysterious, changing, exciting and definitely mind refreshing. My running friend and I went out for a forest run this evening and as ever, the forest didn't disappoint.  The nights are drawing in now and it has been raining all day so everywhere was glistening with the last of the heavy rain drops. There was a slight drizzle which just caught us through the trees and kept us refreshed.  The puddles were just deep enough to enjoy running through and the mist hung over the tree tops like a warm blanket. In the deeper parts of the forest we both made a mental note to remember head torches next time but even the darkness gave us a sense of adventure.  It was so good to be back out running and I remembered how much I enjoy it, something you tend to forget when you aren't running.
I now have five days of work, including a weekend on so quite busy and probably no time for running with all the other things I am juggling but will manage something next week.
The other nice thing which happened this week was a visit from my big sister and some of her family. It is lovely to spend time together, even if it is only a few days and 12yod especially loves her big cousin and gets on well  with her.  Family is very important and we should cherish them as much as we can.
Nearly the end of August already - autumn is on it's way but I love all the seasons and look forward to each one with a sense of anticipation and adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment