Tuesday 9 July 2013

More family happenings and too hot to run!!

I haven't managed to get much running in at all recently.  I worked 38 hours last week and this week it is just too hot.  I have two days off this week after working both Saturday and Sunday.
We have had some great times though.  I love this weather where we can eat all meals outside and just leave all the doors open.
Last Tuesday Rick did some painting on our outbuilding and back porch and 12yod helped him.  I decided to spend the afternoon giving new life to one of our old chairs by decoupaging it.
I am loving this hot weather....long may it continue, even if I can't run in it.  We went to the beach last night and had a BBQ.  Lovely time and by the time we got there at 1730 most people had gone home for their tea.  That's definitely the way to do it......wait until the holidaymakers have gone home and then head down to the beach!
I wasn't working today and so this afternoon we decided to head out and get some elderflowers so Rick and the children can make elderflower cordial tomorrow while I am at work.  We gathered over 200 heads......
.The two pictures below are of parts of our garden.  I love summer



No comments:

Post a Comment